PDA

View Full Version : Hauntings

allers
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi all. It's been a while since I've been here. I've been busy and just haven't made time for visits. This morning I was looking at haunted places in Alabama (where I'm from) then looked at Texas. I came across this (I'm not quite sure how old the site is)......

San Antonio Six Flags Fiesta Texas - There is a ride called the Jokers Wild that has been closed for over a year now because a little girl who was riding it died, and people were saying they could see her sitting next to them on the ride.

So, does anyone here have any ghost stories of SFFT? I'm usually not real big on stuff like this, but I thought it was interesting. Everything that I read about that particular ride said most everyone didn't know why it was moved. I wasn't here when the ride was at FT so I know nothing about it.
Anyways, take care all.
Allie

Brandon
04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Jokers Wild?

Colin
04-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I have never heard of Jokers Wild. Do you know what kind of ride it is?

sfft_2108
04-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah, i with yall on this one. I have not even heard of that ride.

Brandon
04-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Here is exactly what it said on the site:

San Antonio - Six Flags Fiesta Texas - If you go to the very end of Six Flags Fiesta Texas on the west side of he park right next to the Chaoz ride, you will see a giant ride called the Jockers Wild. That ride has been closed for over a year because last year in April, a little girl who was riding it died while she got off the ride and some people say they see her riding next to them during the ride so they just closed it.

I am going to guess since they spelt "Chaos" wrong that they are talking about Jokers Revenge. Actually, considering the great grammar of the paragraph, they don't know what they are talking about at all. Joker is the only major ride that has been closed for over a year, and to my knowledge there were no deaths on it.

James
04-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Like Brandon said, I'm gussing theyre refering to Joker's Revenge because that's the only Joker ride at the park and the only ride besides Wipeout that's been closed for over a year. And I can't recall any deaths on that ride. If there was, I'm sure I would be able to think of it because that's not something you easily forget. Have no worries... this is false information. SFFT still has a clean record. (It'd be even cleaner if it wasn't for Rattler and it's shaking. ;))

allers
04-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Don't jump all up in the air about it guys.....I'm just relaying what the site said. And Brandon: you must have looked at a different site, because what I posted was straight from the web site as well. I guess same story, different site. But I did think that the name of the ride was wrong because I had heard of Joker's Revenge (and I haven't even lived here that long), but not Joker's Wild. As I said, I copied and pasted directly from the site. I guess I should have done this before.... here's the site I copied it from: http://riptx.dns2go.com/texas.htm What site did you take it from Brandon? I'm always up for interesting reading, be it true or false.
So, I didn't mean for this to cause any controversies. I just wanted to hear of any ghost stories anyone might have.

Colin
04-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Even if it was on Joker's Revenge, it is gone now. New Orleans can worry about the ghost. :P

Brandon
04-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Allers, I don't remember where I copied it from. I did a google search and it came up with a page that looked alot like yours, but they aren't the same.

If you want some interesting reading, check out John Titor (http://johntitor.com).

BlakeW
05-04-2004, 08:56 PM
IMO ghosts, and related items are crap. I believe in spirits/God, that sorta thing, but not the kind mentioned on that website, that haunt certain areas because they were decappitated by a mass murderer, or thrown off a building and seek revenge on common folk who happen to cross their path. lol thought I'd put that out there...

Blake

James
05-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the boards, Blake!

allers
05-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Yeah my husband asked me the other day if I believed in ghosts, and I told him no. So then we had a long interesting discussion about it. It actually turned into a pretty funny discussion.
Like I said, I just like to read interesting things, and "haunted places" stories interest me, whether I believe or not. You read fictional stories right? Same concept.